question about nursing

走进白衣天使的世界

版主: 安樂yuyawei

pui_yee
帖子: 7
注册时间: 06-03-08 周四 5:41 pm

thank god tat i found this forum. i have so much questions to ask about nursing.
my condition is like this (long story)...i am a malaysian, but i dont have SPM or STPM qualification. after i finished my form 1 here in malaysia, i went to oversea with my family since my father had working permit there. after spending 4 years there, our family got rejected from the applying for PR. so our family came back to malaysia in oct 2005. i gained my o level/ GCSE in england. for the following 2 years in malaysia, i took A- LEVEL in inti college, but i only managed to complete half of the A- LEVEL (AS LEVEL). due to the stress and pressure, i decided to drop it. it was tough decision for me. now i wanna to take nursing as my next career path. why? hmm...i always like to serve ppl, bio is my fav subject, secure job, my parent dont have to pay for my tuition fee, i can use the practical time spend on clinical to release my stress <so>...etc i can listed down many as i can think of. i planning to get the sponsorship from different medical centre such as sunway medical centre, subang jaya medical centre, gleneagles intan medical centre, penang adventist college of nursing...etc
i got 5A*, 2A, 4B, 2C for my O level result.
i got 3a for my bio, chm and maths for my half of my A level.

question:

1)i am living in malaysia but i not good in speaking malay. will this cause a problem? (main problem)

2) what kind of question they wil ask during interview?

tat's all from now on.
hope u all can give me some suggestions.....thank you
yuyawei
帖子: 991
注册时间: 03-10-06 周二 5:11 am
来自: Perak
联系:

有些問題要到護士學院詢問才能解答;讓我去請TSL(Tan Sok Lan) 出來回答您,她現在是護士學院的教師(tutor)了!嘿嘿,順便恭喜她一回國就找到工作!

By the way, can pui_yee read Chinese?
Sow a thought, reap an action;Sow an action, reap a habit;Sow a habit, reap a character;Sow a character, reap a destiny.
pui_yee

ok thank you for ur help here.
yap i can read chinese but my pin yin is very bad.
pui_yee

:cry: ..sigh i have been call many private medical centre, they all want BM spm qualification. my hope are all gone. cannot apply for sponsorship and pptn as well.
yuyawei
联系:

pui_yee 写道::cry: ..sigh i have been call many private medical centre, they all want BM spm qualification. my hope are all gone. cannot apply for sponsorship and pptn as well.
問過檳城檳安護士學院(Penang Adventist College Of Nursing)了嗎?
Sow a thought, reap an action;Sow an action, reap a habit;Sow a habit, reap a character;Sow a character, reap a destiny.
yuyawei
联系:

pui_yee, 我在您的信箱留言好多天了,您还没看;请您要登陆法情,才看得到留给您的讯息。

TSL 的电脑有些故障,不能上网;她要我转告您,有志者事竟成。如果马来西亚没有护士学院录取您,可以考虑到新加坡。
pui_yee

sorry for late reply.i was working in kl, only come back to my hometown every weekend. yap i got ur private msg. very thank you...
actually i called penang adventist college of nursing before, but they said they only accept spm. sigh....
i wil keeping trying...i might be send all my certificates and application form to all the medical centre...see whether they accept me or not.
:)
TSL
帖子: 71
注册时间: 04-01-07 周四 2:55 am
来自: Penang, Malaysia
联系:

Dear Pui Yee,

Nice to meet you. I heard about your condition from Ya Wei days ago, sorry for the late reply as my laptop was "ill"...
Thank God it is in 'recovery stage' now.
Let me analyze your situation and also my point of view.
Since you are a Malaysian, you are expected to show your SPM or STPM result (B.Malaysia) in applying for nursing course and also PTPTN loan.
A-or O-level is for foreign students, no matter what, I can actually help to find out other option.
I did discuss with my college principal and she wanted to review your result since this is an "abnormal case".
As I mentioned to Ya Wei, S'pore actually is another option if you don't mind study and work there. I am very sure you can enroll with you O-Level result provided you have at least Distinction in English Language and Mathematic. The standard in S'pore is much higher.
All the best, feel free to come back to me if you need my help!
“选择你所爱;爱你所选择”
TSL
联系:

I was involved in Marketing this few days and having our career counselling in school.
I manage to talk to our marketing manager and she agreed that you actually can enroll with your O-level result.
Our principala need to look at it to make sure its equivalent with SPM.... :lol:
“选择你所爱;爱你所选择”
TSL
联系:

到现在为止还没有你的消息,其实你是可以加入DIPLOMA。
同时我们将开课的这一班其中一位学生是菲律宾人耶!
“选择你所爱;爱你所选择”
回复

回到 “守护天使”